Six Steps for Achieving Digital Transformation: Step 3
Whatever the answer, it will set the course for your digital transformation.
In order to develop a clear roadmap for digital excellence, you must focus your visions on organizational capabilities, customer needs and competition in your industry.
Take into account these proven strategies:
- A well-coordinated system of priorities for digital channels, each with its own defined role in conveying your brand’s value proposition and delivering benefits.
- Clear criteria for evaluating any new opportunity or idea, allowing for innovation but protecting against the “shiny new object.”
- Balance between long-term commitments and quick wins.
- Establish and manage the right resources for planned projects and activities.
Also, assess your digital readiness by asking:
- Are our existing products and services digitized?
- Can we consider new digital marketing channels?
- Can we analyze customer data?
- Are our systems integrated?
- Do we have policies and business practices to adapt to the changes digital will bring?
- How much opportunity is there for the organization to gain a competitive advantage?
- Do our employees have the skill sets needed?
- Do we have the right resources? Budget, people, time?
- Are people in our organization excited about the opportunity to make digital a focus?
- What commitments have been made to the board?
Through an honest, thorough assessment and prioritization, you’ll be equipped to plot your roadmap for your desired digital destination.
Leave a Comment